Welcome!

French Confessions is a tell-all on everyday life in France.
How are the French different from other cultures?
What makes France so amazing, silly, serious, annoying, joyful, and fun?

Find out, chat with us, and ENJOY! or ENJOY ! (as the French would write it, with a space between the word and the explanation point).

Monday, October 17, 2011

We're not in Kansas anymore

This is ironic - a French Confession's contributor editor sent this article to me today:



As Dorothy said to Toto in "the Wizard of OZ"  We are not in Kansas
anymore.   I am always amazed how the French take something American
and make it their own.  Today I was in the subway and I walked by an
advertisement....for the McChevre.  that is a wrap with fried goat
cheese.  Now I had to go and see what this was and perhaps try it.
Even though as an American in Paris I would NEVER admit to eating at
McDonald's, and I usually don't, but I may start.  I went into my
local McDonald's and stood in line and while I was looking at the
drink menu, Coke, Coke Zero, what did I see but "1664."   To those of
you who are unfamiliar, it is a French beer.  Now.....if they only
start serving a nice red wine we are in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment