Welcome!

French Confessions is a tell-all on everyday life in France.
How are the French different from other cultures?
What makes France so amazing, silly, serious, annoying, joyful, and fun?

Find out, chat with us, and ENJOY! or ENJOY ! (as the French would write it, with a space between the word and the explanation point).

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Check out Gare de Lyon...

...It's a really cool subway station.



Growing up, I remember getting blood tests or throat culture directly at the Doctor's office.  You can't do that in France (for the most part).  A Doctor will send you to a laboratory testing center for any kind of exam that requires blood or bodily fluids (you get the idea).

So this brings me to my point:  Train stations in France are happening places, and Gare de Lyon happens to be one of the hippest ones of them all (and believe me, I go through a lot of train stations every day to commute to work).  About a year ago, a hair salon called 'Beauty Bubble' opened up.  You can get your hair cut or styled in like 20 minutes max, and it's cheap.  And (drumroll please) about a month ago, a laboratory testing center in the middle of the long hallway that connects several different train lines together opened up.  Am I the only one who thinks this is cool?  You have to get a blood test of some sort?  No problem; you can stop by here on your way to work.

I'm so excited about this that I have this odd urge to go to the Doctor's to get a prescription for a test of some sort.  I want to keep these guys in business for the day I'll actually need them; you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment