Welcome!

French Confessions is a tell-all on everyday life in France.
How are the French different from other cultures?
What makes France so amazing, silly, serious, annoying, joyful, and fun?

Find out, chat with us, and ENJOY! or ENJOY ! (as the French would write it, with a space between the word and the explanation point).

Monday, October 3, 2011

How did big buses in France drive in such small lanes?



That's a good question. Thanks. You're welcome.

So, streets in France were built like hundreds of years ago. Pavement was basically poured over existing paths. And then came the buses.


I would like to congratulate all the French buses out there (not for your timeliness) for navigating through such narrow streets. I can't even drive an SUV without my palms sweating. You drivers must have gone through a really difficult driving school to learn your moves. I'm surprised I don’t see more bus accidents. I've never seen one now that I think of it.

Now let's be mean. Why must you break all the rules that exist, like pedestrian stops and right-of-way yields? It's not because you're a bus and French that you can trample over people. And why are you always, always running late? Aren't the schedules calculated on specific time frames?
And why must you break so hard at a stoplight? Not everybody is lucky enough to sit down for the ride...On the other hand, if you see someone running desperately down the street to catch you (that would be me on a daily basis) you generally wait...So thanks for that.

This is Lindsay signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment