Welcome!

French Confessions is a tell-all on everyday life in France.
How are the French different from other cultures?
What makes France so amazing, silly, serious, annoying, joyful, and fun?

Find out, chat with us, and ENJOY! or ENJOY ! (as the French would write it, with a space between the word and the explanation point).

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Driving in Paris



Hi, this is an article from an new contributing editor.
I'll let her write up a profile this week...But here's her first article.


So just a brief note about driving in Paris. I had an appointment
today in Paris to apply for my visa. A person drove me to
the appointment and no offence, but next time I may take the metro
home. Did you know that there are not a lots of street signs in
Paris that are visible to cars...kind of necessary if you are driving
especially when the GPS says, turn right on blvd Murat. Great, it
would be ever so helpful is there was a sign for that. Oh yes, and
then there is the road rage. We were driving, while looking for
street signs that were non existent, and this lady started to
tailgate, and I am talking within inches!!!! She tried to push us
along for about 1/2 mile. Never mind that there was a school that was
just let out and we were trying desperately not to hit any of the
children, no matter, the tailgating continued. No matter that our
left turn was blocked by not only oncoming traffic but by a bicycle in
the road. We were turning on to a major road connecting us to a
highway. What I loved was that when we finally turned onto the road
we were searching for, we got a BIG honk of the horn. Guess she was
saying goodbye! Now my driver went over the edge and wished she could
have turned around and given the other driver a lesson!!! But, I did
get my visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment