Welcome!

French Confessions is a tell-all on everyday life in France.
How are the French different from other cultures?
What makes France so amazing, silly, serious, annoying, joyful, and fun?

Find out, chat with us, and ENJOY! or ENJOY ! (as the French would write it, with a space between the word and the explanation point).

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Customer Service lesson n°2 - Apple


An Apple store opened up in our local mall a couple of weeks ago.
I went to the store yesterday with my family.  Now this is an example of GREAT customer service! The store is staffed with about 50 people.  It's the total opposite of FNAC (for all of you who live in France, you know which store I'm talking about). 

So, back to my story...Three people came up to at the same aisle to ask me if I needed help.  One of them started speaking English to me, and it turns out he was born and grew up in New York.  He asked me to stop by even if I wasn't buying anything (with a smile) because he just wanted to speak in English.  My children sat together on a very cushiony and child-friendly seat.  They played a Star Wars game and one of the Apple guys came over to help them get the game started.
There were three training sessions going on throughout the store.  Everybody was smiling.  People gave room to my little girl who was having a little trouble getting down the very modern stairs.
To make a long story short, this store is everything that most stores in France are not.

I'm starting to wonder if Apple has like a special breed of people that they raise and train in some confidential, private Apple community.....Anyway, since I often criticize customer service in France, I wanted to be fair and tell you about my great experience yesterday.

Apple Store:  http://www.apple.com/fr/retail/parly2/

No comments:

Post a Comment