Welcome!

French Confessions is a tell-all on everyday life in France.
How are the French different from other cultures?
What makes France so amazing, silly, serious, annoying, joyful, and fun?

Find out, chat with us, and ENJOY! or ENJOY ! (as the French would write it, with a space between the word and the explanation point).

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday Tips - How to avoid strikes in France

France = wine, food, beautiful countrysides, cheese (good cheese and the moldy kind if you like that sort of thing), Paris and the Eiffel Tower, did I already mention wine? and STRIKES.

I know I've already written once about strikes, but there's so much to say about them.
First of all, I'd like to say for the record that I understand why certain strikes occur.  They are not all bad.  But, as a person who commutes to work every day, I can tell you that it can be a little unnerving at times.

So, today I'd like to give you tips (which I try to do every Tuesday even thought it doesn't always work out that way) on how to avoid anything strike-like in France.

1.  Don't take the subway
2.  Do take the bus - in towns where buses are run by private companies (like where I live)
3.  Learn to ride a bike
4.  Don't travel by plane
5.  Don't put your kid in school, or if you have to at least don't sign your child up for lunch at the cafeteria.
6.  Get a back-up plan for random days when school is cancelled the day of.
7.  Have the website www.francegreve.com handy.  It lists all of the upcoming strikes in France.
8.  Don't move to France if you can't stand strikes.
9. Or...become one of them.  A 'strikee' or a 'strikette'.

This is Lindsay, signing out.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment