Welcome!

French Confessions is a tell-all on everyday life in France.
How are the French different from other cultures?
What makes France so amazing, silly, serious, annoying, joyful, and fun?

Find out, chat with us, and ENJOY! or ENJOY ! (as the French would write it, with a space between the word and the explanation point).

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Attention walkers


So I was out walking around today admiring the beautiful fall leaves
with the palace of Versailles in the background and I almost got run
over while crossing the street.  I had waited for the the green
light...at least I thought I had.
   I am pretty sure the sign I took a picture of says something like
"Attention walkers, crossing is in 2 stages."  I figured it out when I
looked at the sign rather than the green crossing light.  I did have a
green crossing light but only for the "first" part of my crossing.
The "second part" of my crossing had a red light.  Mind you there was
no sidewalk to wait on, just lots of cars and buses going by.  I am
not sure that I have ever seen this configuration before or perhaps I
have just been lucky and not gotten run over.  Anyway, no harm done,
and the leaves were amazing; once I learned how to cross the street.`

Contributing writer, Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment